How to validate Login Page and after that show Dashboard page

Hello

I am using Appian 22.4 version &

Using Appian, I need to create Login Page which I did (Using Interface) but what configurations are needed to Validate it with the database and check if the Username and Password are correct or not, if correct and then only redirect it to DASHBOARD page

Till now I have made the pages using Interface, but I am confused because END Users will be using Tempo/Site and not Interface

Can someone please guide me on these issues

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can surely have suggestions on how to achieve it but before that, I want to understand why do you want to create a login page? 
    Appian in a BPM tool. Which means no anonymous user can access it. Only people within an org can access so to access, you anyway have to login with the default page. So what is the need?

You can use the 'user start page' config under admin to control who lands where..

• Hie Thank you for replying

I need to create 3 Users namely Developer, John, Bob & I was confused how to do that because I don't have the admin console option

I have followed a tutorial for an app called Vehicle Management System (In that the tempo displays vehicles List the name mileage type color etc...) But the app I have to create is different and I am not able to understand the flow).

Can you please guide me the flow of any application we need to make in general & how to create Users .

• Hi! Appian already has a login screen configured which validates - its the same login screen that you see when you log into the environment. Creating your own login screen would not be a solution as users would still have to login through the main system login screen. 

Looking at your image, I notice that you are using an Appian Community Edition site. As this is your own sandbox environment, you should have Admin Console privilege's and should be able to create users. Make sure that you are signed in as a System Administrator which is configured as your email address by default. 

If something occurred and you are unable to login as a System Administrator, reach out to community@appian.com and they may be able to help.

• Hi! Appian already has a login screen configured which validates - its the same login screen that you see when you log into the environment. Creating your own login screen would not be a solution as users would still have to login through the main system login screen. 

Looking at your image, I notice that you are using an Appian Community Edition site. As this is your own sandbox environment, you should have Admin Console privilege's and should be able to create users. Make sure that you are signed in as a System Administrator which is configured as your email address by default. 

If something occurred and you are unable to login as a System Administrator, reach out to community@appian.com and they may be able to help.

Children