Edit/Update button Configuration

Hello,

I want to Edit the EXAM Table 

The edit button is working but instead of updating the record it's creating new record.

What exactly am I doing wrong?

Also, I want a delete button which will delete the record from the SITE as well as DB. What do I need to do for that button to work?

Could anyone please help me.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Looks like you already are passing the data from related action context. Just make sure to pass the same cdt PP_Exam2 to the Edit interface as a rule input. Then when the user edits any field the same variable will be updated and on submit the record will be updated.

For updation a record must have the primary key field populated. If Id is null then system creates a new record, if its populated then row is updated having that Id.

For deletion as well, similarly you can use the delete from data store entities smart service in the process. And pass in the input of the record using related action. The record's id is used to identify the record which needs to be deleted. You can see the more details about config here.

Certified Lead Developer

Looks like you already are passing the data from related action context. Just make sure to pass the same cdt PP_Exam2 to the Edit interface as a rule input. Then when the user edits any field the same variable will be updated and on submit the record will be updated.

For updation a record must have the primary key field populated. If Id is null then system creates a new record, if its populated then row is updated having that Id.

For deletion as well, similarly you can use the delete from data store entities smart service in the process. And pass in the input of the record using related action. The record's id is used to identify the record which needs to be deleted. You can see the more details about config here.

Children