Hi, I am facing a strange issue.. pls let me know if you can see where the problem is or if you need more data to answer this
feature is - when an user deletes a record in a table (noc_area) - I am trying to capture the details of noc_area to another table noc_area_audit + 3 more fields. I am triggering this inside the delete function at saveInto
rule inputs are areaaudit and record
areaaudit is CDT
record is CDT
so when the user is deleting a record.. I am capturing the
1) areas (text) from record and passing it to areas (text) of areaaudit
2) areavalue (integer) from record and passing it to areavalue (integer) of areaaudit
3) areacomment (text) from record and passing it to areacomment (text) of areaaudit ------->>>>>>> not happening
and some hardcoded and system generated values to the remaining fields of areaaudit.
When I delete a specific record all values are getting successfully populated except for areacomment. It is spaces but I do have values in areacomment
For example: I have a record with the following values
I delete this record on Appian expecting all these values to be copied to areaaudit table, but the areaaudit table looks like
everything got populated correctly except Area Comment.
Let me know if you need more info.. The "Areas" field is also text - same code - and it gets successfully populated. Why not the "Area Comment" field..any help will be appreciated
Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible
Are you looking at the right table entries in the DB? It looks like Area Value is different (2 vs 3) in the two screenshots...
okay so I was able to figure out the issue.. I saw the record action "delete" had record: rv!record
and rv!record didn't capture all the fields (not sure why).
Now I changed it to "rule!NT_GetAreaByAreaId1(rv!identifier)" and it worked.. I am able to now populate all the values
Hey Alex, Thanks for looking into this, sometime back I was playing around with defining rule input as "record type" instead of a "CDT" and I did some changes to the process model and the record action. For some reason it worked for 2 fields but not the rest. I don't know why. I now modified the record action (as above) and things worked..
but thanks for looking into this..
infact different areavalue was an indication that something is not right.. but when I modified my record action - everything worked fine
© 2024 Appian. All rights reserved.