When using a record related action, is there a way to send other parameter values besides the identifier to the dialog screen?

Certified Associate Developer

When using a record related action, is there a way to send other parameter values besides the identifier to the dialog screen?

I want to select several rows from the read-only grid of screen#1 and pass the information of the rows to the dialog#1.

Thank you

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• I don't think so until you write that data in DB and then based on the identifier, you query data again in the PM. 
    That isn't a good approach tho. So I would suggest ditching the Related Action and creating a custom action for your screen. 

Also, I might have better solutions to this but for that, can you please tell me more about your use-case? 

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Harshit Bumb (Appyzie)

Hi Harshit,

Yeah, we also came up with the idea of writing that data in DB and then querying data again in the PM based on the identifier. However, I agree that it's not a good way.

I would like to know more about what you mean by the "creating a custom action"?

On the grid of screan#1, user will select several rows, and receive information from the selected rows on the screen#2. And then move on to the next process. (Hope the screen#1 is a usual interface, and the screen#2 is a dialog method. )

Thank you

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to dreamyoung

By creating custom actions, we eliminate the dialog box as they can only be generated using the record actions and related actions. 

What I mean by custom action is that you add a card (with the button look and feel) on the screen and add a start process link on it. Then you pass all the desired params in the process and chain the nodes until the first UIT.