How can we give help tool tip in rich text item ?

is there any way to apply tool tip in rich text item.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I'm really not clear why this isn't a feature.  You can apply a tooltip that applies across all text of a single richTextDisplayField(), but for whatever reason, they didn't make it more granular (allowing individual tooltips on granular richTextItem entries).  I would have found that feature very handy, but instead I find I hardly use it at all (apparently most of my use cases are ones where I'd really only want to show a tooltip on part of the text in a component).

Usually I get around this by adding an icon that can have a caption, as a proxy tooltip (and proxy "help icon") - this is pretty easy to do and manage.

Certified Lead Developer

I'm really not clear why this isn't a feature.  You can apply a tooltip that applies across all text of a single richTextDisplayField(), but for whatever reason, they didn't make it more granular (allowing individual tooltips on granular richTextItem entries).  I would have found that feature very handy, but instead I find I hardly use it at all (apparently most of my use cases are ones where I'd really only want to show a tooltip on part of the text in a component).

Usually I get around this by adding an icon that can have a caption, as a proxy tooltip (and proxy "help icon") - this is pretty easy to do and manage.

Children
No Data