Displaying Related Data Values

Hello Community:

This probably a dumb question but here is my dilemma.  I have two tables 'Consolidated Product List' and 'Brand Owners' (fields: brandIdentifier, brandOwner).  The field 'brandIdentifier' in Brand Owner is the foreign-key in 'Consolidated Product List'.

I am trying to populate a grid with brandOwner for each product in 'Consolidated Product List' but having a heck of time display the brandOwner.  Here are images of my query, my interface, and my debugging screens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ma

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Senior Developer

value: fv!row[recordtype!record.relationship.field], which is fv!row[recordtype!FST Consolidated Product.fstCategory.CategoryName]. for best practice we use rich text field for display values. and null checks. 

• Hi All:

First, thank you to all of you.

Stefan:  I had gone through the documentation that you linked to but the example there for 'interface' was for one-level.  I tried to extrapolate from the other examples to interface and I kept getting errors messages of various kinds.  I was looking to access nested CDT(?).

Peter:  As for things I tried, I tried 'fv!row, fv!index, fv!items, '.fstcategory' and various combinations of that.  I know that some of them weren't appropriate but I was throwing darts and hoping that one of them would hit.  I didn't think of using 'RecordType' for the fstCategory because I didn't that was of the RecordType fstCategory.  I guess, when I use relationship to extract data, I need to use RecordType.

Pragna:  Your code did do what I was looking for - so, thanks.

Here was the original task that I was trying to do.

I was trying to use the lesson/tutorial example from Appian Learning Course on Web Integration to extract data from USDA food database and create two tables - one for the list of products and the other a list of nutrition information for each of the products - with gtinUpc as the key relating the two.

So, in the example below, I was trying to access the 'foodNutrients' elements but I don't know the 'record!Type' because that entire dictionary is the result from an API call to USDA Food Database.  That is were I am stuck.  

When I try .foodNutrients[1], I get the foodNutrients for gtinUpc"028749448709" - Ground Beef.  However, I can not seem to access the individual nutrients like protein, etc. 

Any help/hints would be appreciated.  

Thank you.

Ma

• Hi All:

First, thank you to all of you.

Stefan:  I had gone through the documentation that you linked to but the example there for 'interface' was for one-level.  I tried to extrapolate from the other examples to interface and I kept getting errors messages of various kinds.  I was looking to access nested CDT(?).

Peter:  As for things I tried, I tried 'fv!row, fv!index, fv!items, '.fstcategory' and various combinations of that.  I know that some of them weren't appropriate but I was throwing darts and hoping that one of them would hit.  I didn't think of using 'RecordType' for the fstCategory because I didn't that was of the RecordType fstCategory.  I guess, when I use relationship to extract data, I need to use RecordType.

Pragna:  Your code did do what I was looking for - so, thanks.

Here was the original task that I was trying to do.

I was trying to use the lesson/tutorial example from Appian Learning Course on Web Integration to extract data from USDA food database and create two tables - one for the list of products and the other a list of nutrition information for each of the products - with gtinUpc as the key relating the two.

So, in the example below, I was trying to access the 'foodNutrients' elements but I don't know the 'record!Type' because that entire dictionary is the result from an API call to USDA Food Database.  That is were I am stuck.  

When I try .foodNutrients[1], I get the foodNutrients for gtinUpc"028749448709" - Ground Beef.  However, I can not seem to access the individual nutrients like protein, etc. 

Any help/hints would be appreciated.  

Thank you.

Ma

Children