We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

How to export data from a RecordType using a link

Hi,

Is there a way we can provide a link in an interface to download the data in an excel from a recordtype.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to swapnar6405

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you want to use RecordType data as the source of a Grid, you can actually enable the internal functionality to provide a one-click download from there.  However, to use this you will need to accept the inherent limitations to this approach - namely that you'll have pretty little control over the formatting of the resultant export, etc.  What have you tried so far? What are your specific requirements?

Children
  • I have a readonly grid with below style of data. I have used RecordType to load the data into these columns Name, Email, Phone. Also I have provided "UPDATE" and "DELETE" buttons to perform respective actions on the record.

Now, when I enable "Export to excel" in the read-only grid and try to export the data into an excel, I am also getting "UPDATE" and "DELETE" text in first two columns of excel document.

Now I trying to find if there is any other way I can provide "Export Excel" link and pass on the just required columns from the RecordType.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to swapnar6405

I suggested you one approach for the same on other post, but now since you don't want to use that OOTB export functionality, you can try what Mike has recommended.

One of the implementation we have done in one of our project is to provide an export to excel button at top right of the grid which kicks a process on click and uses Export DSE to Excel service to generate document, a next screen is displayed to user which shows a confirmation message that your report has been successfully generated and has two options, to download the document or to send it to the user email. Of course it requires more work to be done but is also practical.