Change buttonArray or recordAction

How can I change the Delete Note recordActionField to look like the buttonArrayLayout?
Or, how can I add the a recordAction to a buttonArray?

In the end I want to have something like this

Please notice the Delete Records button and the Add Record button.
The Add Record button also needs to keep a reference to a parent record.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

For now at least, this seems to just be an area of "functional underlap", at least in terms of design styles.  The two things were originally never meant to be as similar as they are at this point, and as new features/abilities have been added over time, they've grown closer together (i.e. the abilities in a button versus the abilities in a record action that can be styled similar to a button), but they're not completely interchangeable yet in terms of functionality or style - i.e., you can't make a button launch a record action, and you can't style a record action as flexibly as you can with a button. 

My only suggestion for now is to explore the different functionalities that are present, with the intention of deciding on the best compromise, and see what you will ultimately want the design to be.

Certified Lead Developer

For now at least, this seems to just be an area of "functional underlap", at least in terms of design styles.  The two things were originally never meant to be as similar as they are at this point, and as new features/abilities have been added over time, they've grown closer together (i.e. the abilities in a button versus the abilities in a record action that can be styled similar to a button), but they're not completely interchangeable yet in terms of functionality or style - i.e., you can't make a button launch a record action, and you can't style a record action as flexibly as you can with a button. 

My only suggestion for now is to explore the different functionalities that are present, with the intention of deciding on the best compromise, and see what you will ultimately want the design to be.

Children
No Data