Appian Designer related query

Can I get a solution for which will be responsible for taking inputs from appian in json format and handing over it to UI(react js or javascript or html) and taking the response from UI and giving response back to appian which needs to display the UI in appian designer, is this possible in appian designer if so can you please provide me the solution?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I think you're talking about making an API from Appian, reading the results from Appian's API, rendering an interface in another interface language, and then displaying it in Appian via the web content component.

If I am correctly hearing what you're asking about, I have to share Stephan's sentiment.

Appian can probably already do more than everything you could want.  You don't need to chop it to pieces.  If Appian is faster and easier to develop, it's even faster and easier to develop in the interface part.  Don't throw away your tools before you've seen if they're good enough.  If it's not what you want, don't use it.  If you're going to use javascript or html for your front end and can't be dissuaded, why not save yourself the massive headache of integrating two systems, plus all the costs of this method, and the added months of dev, and just javascript the whole thing?  Don't pick the worst of both worlds.

Certified Lead Developer

I think you're talking about making an API from Appian, reading the results from Appian's API, rendering an interface in another interface language, and then displaying it in Appian via the web content component.

If I am correctly hearing what you're asking about, I have to share Stephan's sentiment.

Appian can probably already do more than everything you could want.  You don't need to chop it to pieces.  If Appian is faster and easier to develop, it's even faster and easier to develop in the interface part.  Don't throw away your tools before you've seen if they're good enough.  If it's not what you want, don't use it.  If you're going to use javascript or html for your front end and can't be dissuaded, why not save yourself the massive headache of integrating two systems, plus all the costs of this method, and the added months of dev, and just javascript the whole thing?  Don't pick the worst of both worlds.

Children
No Data