Creating a child record from the parent record interface.

I have a Parent Summary interface that I want to add a record action button to that creates an entry in a child table. Adding the button is easy enough, however adding that button alone doesn't connect the Parent to the child when using the button. So what steps am I missing to make that connection?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would like to focus on the Acme Automobile Reference Application, one of the free pieces of software that you can download from your Community Edition Website, to compare this to the Acme Automobile Reference Application. A web interface would be ideal in order for users to be able to request maintenance on their vehicles through the web interface. The best way for them to accomplish this would be to go to the summary view of the specific vehicle they wish to request maintenance for in order to make the request. In the following step, they would choose the related action Request Maintenance and proceed to the next step. During the launch of the process, it will be passed the vehicleId from the record so that it can be used in the process. It is within the context of the related action within the Record Type object that the related action is executed. As a result, it is necessary to do this in order to connect the maintenance request to the vehicleId in order to get the maintenance request processed. A Write Record smart service is used at the end of the process to write the data to the maintenance table by writing it to it. 

In your process for writing the relevant action, you should make sure that the context of the related action is configured in such a way that the primary key of the record in which you are working is passed into the appropriate field in the context of the related action.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

• I would like to focus on the Acme Automobile Reference Application, one of the free pieces of software that you can download from your Community Edition Website, to compare this to the Acme Automobile Reference Application. A web interface would be ideal in order for users to be able to request maintenance on their vehicles through the web interface. The best way for them to accomplish this would be to go to the summary view of the specific vehicle they wish to request maintenance for in order to make the request. In the following step, they would choose the related action Request Maintenance and proceed to the next step. During the launch of the process, it will be passed the vehicleId from the record so that it can be used in the process. It is within the context of the related action within the Record Type object that the related action is executed. As a result, it is necessary to do this in order to connect the maintenance request to the vehicleId in order to get the maintenance request processed. A Write Record smart service is used at the end of the process to write the data to the maintenance table by writing it to it. 

In your process for writing the relevant action, you should make sure that the context of the related action is configured in such a way that the primary key of the record in which you are working is passed into the appropriate field in the context of the related action.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Children
No Data