Smart services In process model

Hi All,

Kindly help me I want to use Email in the process model . Like example I am using any smart service (like write to data store entity) then this nodes fails . if the node fails than I want to send email through using email service in the process rather than the group alert or any name mention in alert.

And How to configure it?

Thanks 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks for your response Stefan, yes I want to do in different way . could you please suggest any way?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to harshw0876

I understand. But why? Trying to customize Appian default behaviour just increases the effort to develop applications. The value added must be bigger than the effort by an order of magnitude.

But if you insist on ignoring the Appian way, Sanchit already provided an alternative.

• Hi Stefan,

We have a similar use case but with some differences as we are using call integration smart service which have been configured to maximum timeout of 300sec in place of write2DSE, and in place of send email we have to call another integration which will create a ticket on third party system with the reason behind why integration call failed in first path. 
    We have configured the retry mechanism that retries 3 times if integration result is not success which sometime takes more than 12-15mins to move to next node.

And another use case is we are purging data which have been created more than 7 years back with query database smart service and in the same way if the purging gets failed, inspite of triggering mail we want to call integration to create a case/ticket at reporting system.

Thanks,

Gaurav Singh