Import Excel to DB

Hi Everyone,

I am using Import excel to DB smart service to import excel data in Appian. And my requirement if date column in excel is in any format then it should be changed to "dd/mm/yyyy" before inserting into DB. I dont see any option to format the dates in smart service. Can anyone please help me out?

Many Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi  
    You can convert the date from Appian by reading the excel file (although this process is heavy in terms of processing)
    OR
    You can get the data in a temp table and then using a stored procedure which could have a cursor logic in it to transform the data (This divides the work load between Appian and Database Engine and is more efficient)

You would also need to understand what is the format the date is coming in to write a transformation logic to convert it into intended format

Certified Lead Developer

Hi  
    You can convert the date from Appian by reading the excel file (although this process is heavy in terms of processing)
    OR
    You can get the data in a temp table and then using a stored procedure which could have a cursor logic in it to transform the data (This divides the work load between Appian and Database Engine and is more efficient)

You would also need to understand what is the format the date is coming in to write a transformation logic to convert it into intended format

Children
No Data