looping in writeTodataStoreEntity

Hi,

I am getting huge amount of data and needs to write it in database. Its taking so much time 

Have used 

a!writeTodataStoreEntity(dataStoreEntity:cons!APM_DSE_VALUES, valueToStore: local!data)

In local!data  am calling rule

Can someone help me how to convert it in forEach loop or in batches.

Please help with code

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Are you able to quantify what "a huge amount of data" is? The problem with batching up the writes is that an individual iteration may fail, and that might be a problem if you need the overall persistence of your dataset to be transactional (i.e. all or nothing). I'd try and address the performance issue in a single write first before looking for alternate design options. Are you able to determine where the time is being spent in the write? Is it in the database? Is it in the network? Is it in Appian itself?

• Are you able to quantify what "a huge amount of data" is? The problem with batching up the writes is that an individual iteration may fail, and that might be a problem if you need the overall persistence of your dataset to be transactional (i.e. all or nothing). I'd try and address the performance issue in a single write first before looking for alternate design options. Are you able to determine where the time is being spent in the write? Is it in the database? Is it in the network? Is it in Appian itself?

Children