Date Field Validation

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All,

I have a query regarding date field validation.

In my case i want to put validation on date field when user have existing date value and if user clear that existing date value at that time i want to show a validation like, date field should not be empty.

for this i have applied may conditions but it fails because of the limitation  on validation property which says: "Validation errors to display below the field when the value is not null."

so i want that validation, only when user clear the existing value from date field.

below is my code can any one help on this?

i have one variable in which i am getting existing date.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Here is how Appian works for a field which is required.

1. When page loads and a required field have null value then it does not show default required validation unless user hit on submit button.

2. When page loads and a required field having some value and if you clear it off then also it does not show default required validation unless user hit on submit button.

However, we can customize when to show validation based on validation group (Use Validation Groups for Buttons with Multiple Validation Rules - Appian 23.3)

Coming to your question: We can't show validation on clear click as that's not a button its just a part of date field.

Business perspective: Why your business need that, Any how if user clear the data and try to submit, Appian will throw the validation??

Certified Lead Developer

Here is how Appian works for a field which is required.

1. When page loads and a required field have null value then it does not show default required validation unless user hit on submit button.

2. When page loads and a required field having some value and if you clear it off then also it does not show default required validation unless user hit on submit button.

However, we can customize when to show validation based on validation group (Use Validation Groups for Buttons with Multiple Validation Rules - Appian 23.3)

Coming to your question: We can't show validation on clear click as that's not a button its just a part of date field.

Business perspective: Why your business need that, Any how if user clear the data and try to submit, Appian will throw the validation??

Children
No Data