We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

How to create groups in Appian

Can someone please provide screenshots of how and where I can find this option in my lap environment?

In the Build view of your application, click New > Group. 2. In the Create Group dialog, configure the following properties: ● Name: Enter AX Users. ● Description: Enter Parent group for all roles in the AX application. ● Parent Group and Group Members: Leave these fields empty because this group does not have a parent or group member yet.

I have been struggling to find the option to create groups in BUILT view. Please let me know if you need any additional information about my instance.

Inatace link

Applications • Appian Designer

Working on Exercise 3: Manage Users and Groups Manage Users In Appian, application security is configured with groups, which contain your application’s users.

Do I need to Create users first before the groups? Please help!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to bushr3406

A newer feature of Appian is to automatically create the "user groups" when creating a new Application - there was a checkbox you would have needed to un-check if you didn't want it to do this for you initially.  But there's no need to delete it if it's already there, since it's not hurting anything.  If you want to toy around with creating a group from scratch, just go through the steps and enter a slightly different group name ("AX manually created test group" for instance), which you can just leave sitting there if you want, or delete if you want.  It won't make any difference either way until/unless you use it.

Children