Save documents, using records

Hi, I'm new to appian, and most probably this is a obvious one, well im strugulling.

So I have a form, where I want to upload 3 different documents, therfore all of them are saved into document_cdt using the same id.

On the interface all looks fine, looks like its saving:

Therefore, when a really try to test its not saving the data into document_cdt:

Is it because I have something worng here:

should I add the documentationAppianID ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • so if I check the process history I have :

but then the process variables : 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to victoriab0001

Your interface code is set to save any changes by appending [new] entries to the document_cdt rule input.  That basically means when you initially pass in an empty entry (but with Created By / Created Date values pre-set), you'll end up with a blank entry and then added entries appended after that.  So you almost certainly need to remove the pre-created document_cdt entry from your related action call if you're going to just append new entries to that PV instead of altering the existing entry.

I'm unsure how you come up with the final screenshot - is this after a WTDS node?  Does the node have the "multiple" value properly set for the CDT?  If it's accidentally set to "single" (i.e. "multiple" is not checked), then it would write ONLY the first entry (which you didn't actually commit any Doc IDs to) and then, i assume, write that value back to the PV, wiping out the other ones you ended up adding.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to victoriab0001

Your interface code is set to save any changes by appending [new] entries to the document_cdt rule input.  That basically means when you initially pass in an empty entry (but with Created By / Created Date values pre-set), you'll end up with a blank entry and then added entries appended after that.  So you almost certainly need to remove the pre-created document_cdt entry from your related action call if you're going to just append new entries to that PV instead of altering the existing entry.

I'm unsure how you come up with the final screenshot - is this after a WTDS node?  Does the node have the "multiple" value properly set for the CDT?  If it's accidentally set to "single" (i.e. "multiple" is not checked), then it would write ONLY the first entry (which you didn't actually commit any Doc IDs to) and then, i assume, write that value back to the PV, wiping out the other ones you ended up adding.

Children