Document Viewer

Hi, I am new to Appian and working on a Prototype for a client. I have a use case to upload a set of files to a folder that is created for each new client and then view these uploaded documents in document viewer for review. Can someone provide some help to do this please? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi, check this link

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/24.1/Document_Viewer_Component.html

And remember that when you upload files into Appian with fileUpload Component, the document won't be available until you call submitUploadedFiles() ...

• Thank You for your response. I check this out. 

I have a problem to solve before I get here. I have an interface for user to upload files. I want to store these files in new folders with their unique uploadID. So i use the following code in SaveInto:

a!createFolder(
    name: ri!DR_Filings['recordType!{7e936f34-1fd3-4278-8e04-aa1289d866dd}DR Filings.fields.{b10b56fd-3534-4386-a523-e76a45f88f15}companyName'],
    parentFolder: cons!DR_UPLOADED_FILES_PARENT,
    onSuccess: a!save(target: local!newFolder, value: fv!folder)
    ),

but the local variable is not getting populated with the new folder name, which i want to use in my file upload function:

a!fileUploadField(
    label: "Upload Type3 Document",
    labelPosition: "ABOVE",
    target: local!newFolder,
    value: ri!DR_Filings['recordType!{7e936f34-1fd3-4278-8e04-aa1289d866dd}DR Filings.fields.{ba570aec-da87-4369-939e-5387d9a3bea4}docId3'],
    saveInto: {
    ri!DR_Filings['recordType!{7e936f34-1fd3-4278-8e04-aa1289d866dd}DR Filings.fields.{ba570aec-da87-4369-939e-5387d9a3bea4}docId3']
    },

Can you help me figure out where I am going wrong?

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to swapnae0002

hi   could try this with smart service from process model

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to swapnae0002

Appian does not work this way. It is not made to just do everything inside code snippets in the UI.

I suggest to just upload the files in a process start form. Then, in process, create that new folder and move the document into it.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle
    I suggest to just upload the files in a process start form. Then, in process, create that new folder and move the document into it.

To tag onto that, this approach (while solid) requires something else that might catch some newer folks off-guard.  The file upload field still requires a folder target (else throwing an error).  Some people might be tempted to use the "Temporary Documents" folder in the Default KC, but I strongly recommend to create a "temp files" folder in your own organizational folder structure instead of using the default one.

The main issue there is that the default one still has an "Expiration" time set, and files uploaded into a folder / knowledge center with an Expiration time will keep that expiration time even after they're moved to a completely different target location - and there is not any easy way to tell until they suddenly disappear after 6 months or whatever the timer is.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

To tag onto that, this approach (while solid) requires something else that might catch some newer folks off-guard.  The file upload field still requires a folder target (else throwing an error).  Some people might be tempted to use the "Temporary Documents" folder in the Default KC, but I strongly recommend to create a "temp files" folder in your own organizational folder structure instead of using the default one.

The main issue there is that the default one still has an "Expiration" time set, and files uploaded into a folder / knowledge center with an Expiration time will keep that expiration time even after they're moved to a completely different target location - and there is not any easy way to tell until they suddenly disappear after 6 months or whatever the timer is.

Children
No Data