Facing issue to select Drop Down value in FitNesse/Appian

Hi Team,

We are facing issue to select value in drop downs - Drop down 1 and Drop down 2. We are working on FitNesse /Appian 24.1 using Wiki Keywords as below:

|populate field |Drop Down 1|with|Cover1|

|populate field |Drop Down 2|with|Cover2|

Error in Test - Timeout period reached: Wait for Field - Drop Down 1

Please suggest to resolve this issue and how to select respective values in both drop downs using Wiki Keywords.

Thank you.

Shivi Khan

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • The value was not populating in Drop-down. I am using Wiki keywords to locate drop down in FitNesse with Appian. I have tried both Wiki Keywords - populate field and populate dropdown to populate values in drop downs:

1. |populate field |Drop Down 1|with|Cover1|

Error - Timeout period reached: Wait for Field - Drop Down 1

2. |populate dropdown |Drop Down 1|search box with|Cover1|

Error - populate dropdown: Bad table! DecisionTables should have at least three rows.

Any other Wiki Keyword which will help to locate drop-downs on Appian Site and populate respected values in Drop down 1 and 2?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shivik3980

Could you share your script and the part of the interface you would like to populate please?

• Hi David,

Due to project limitation, I would not be able to share project screenshot and script details. I am sharing similar screenshots for reference. If required, would connect on online chat/call.

Sharing similar screenshots where I am facing issue using sample Appian application available at Community edition site. 

1. Dropdown: The dropdown values are not defined as Static. The <div> id has changed whenever page is getting reloaded.

2. Date Selector: The <div> id has changed whenever page is getting reloaded. sendKeys () method is also not working since the field was changing dynamically.