" This application contains objects you do not have permission to see" Query your data lesson in the appian developer learning path

I am trying to complete the Query Your Data lesson and I followed the instructions in creating the Query Your Data (W000QYD) app, but when I go to search AA_GetVehicles in the expression rule, I keep getting a message saying I do not have permission to see all the objects in the app. I also cannot make a new expression rule with the name because the expression rule already exists. Does this have something to do with my security settings?  I created the app so im confused as to why I wouldn't be able to see all objects.

Please let me know, thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Associate Developer
    It seems that you are using a beta version of Community Edition. In the beta version, Appian is not providing separate environments for each user like they were doing earlier.
    In the beta version, the same environment is shared between users, and a separate workspace is assigned to different users.
    Hence, you need to use your workspace code while creating new objects(expression rule, interface, constant, etc.) ex. W0123_GetVehicles
    For AA_GetVehicles, AA is the workspace code assigned to some other user.
    Also, due to this environment sharing, you are getting the "This application contains objects you do not have permission to see" message. Just ignore this msg.
  • Hi  !

In your screenshot, you are showing that you are in the Query Your Data application - which you would have just created. So it is expected that you would not find the AA_GetVehicles expression rule object there. Referring to the prefix, AA objects can be found in the Acme Auto Reference Application.

However upon review, it looks like we missed updating these instructions during the launch of the new Appian Community Edition. In this case, AA_GetVehicles no longer exists and has been replaced by a different object. If you would like to complete the Query Editor exercise, you can go to the Acme Solution application and use the W0000AS_QR_GetVehicleById expression rule object. Note: You will not be able to complete the second half of the exercise relating to the Data Store Entity. 

I have notated this to be fixed in our next release. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!