Portal Publishing Error

Certified Associate Developer

Unable to publish the portal getting publishing error : missing precedent 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Senior Developer

Is there any additional information/solution on this? I am using 23.2, but I have 3 different portal objects and only 1 of them is presented with this error. I had to make modifications to a record type after a field was un-mapped, and thought that would solve things. It did not however, and there seem to be no missing precedents on any of my interfaces connected to this portal. I even added it to a package to check. The portal itself is unusable because it's telling me to republish since there is a newer version of the record type, but it refuses to publish. 

• Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to RyanB

Are you calling any integrations on that problematic interface by any chance?

in reply to Mathieu Drouin

Nope, no integrations, no APIs. The oddest part is that of my 3 portal objects, they all use almost all the same components bar one or two special interfaces and nothing major has been changed in those few interfaces in over a week. Only updates have been one or two references to record fields that got broken via unmapping. There seem to be no missing precedents that the other two portals aren't using as well. (Client has a few common branding items located in a common application that are being used by all three, so it feels like there's no way it can be any of those items).

Edit: I found the root cause of my error. It did not appear to be an actual interface precedent, but instead it was a reference to a no-longer valid record field that was due to a re-mapping issue based on Database changes. There was a reference to one of the fields in one of the triggered PM's that the portal uses. I don't know why it was considered a "Missing Interface Precedent" error though.

in reply to Mathieu Drouin

Nope, no integrations, no APIs. The oddest part is that of my 3 portal objects, they all use almost all the same components bar one or two special interfaces and nothing major has been changed in those few interfaces in over a week. Only updates have been one or two references to record fields that got broken via unmapping. There seem to be no missing precedents that the other two portals aren't using as well. (Client has a few common branding items located in a common application that are being used by all three, so it feels like there's no way it can be any of those items).

Edit: I found the root cause of my error. It did not appear to be an actual interface precedent, but instead it was a reference to a no-longer valid record field that was due to a re-mapping issue based on Database changes. There was a reference to one of the fields in one of the triggered PM's that the portal uses. I don't know why it was considered a "Missing Interface Precedent" error though.

Children
No Data