Email validation in portal

Certified Senior Developer

I have a form with an EmailId field, and I am attempting to validate the email in the portal. However, I am encountering an error with the function validateemailaddress(). Is there any alternative method to validate the email?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Any particular reason, why plugin doesn't work in portals?

• A few reasons: one is that since the portal runs as a standalone serverless web app, we'd need a technical lift to teach portals how to package up any plugins used and deploy them along with the portal. We're currently working toward that for component plugins, primarily because component plugins can't use the integration method I suggested.

Another reason is security - we would be deploying code that Appian doesn't control to a public URL, and it would be difficult to guarantee to customers that they could safely use any plugin in their portals without having vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious users.

If there are situations where the integration method doesn't work or is excessively onerous, please work through your Appian account team to file a use case with the Appian Product team - we're happy to learn more about which scenarios would require direct plugin support in portals.

• A few reasons: one is that since the portal runs as a standalone serverless web app, we'd need a technical lift to teach portals how to package up any plugins used and deploy them along with the portal. We're currently working toward that for component plugins, primarily because component plugins can't use the integration method I suggested.

Another reason is security - we would be deploying code that Appian doesn't control to a public URL, and it would be difficult to guarantee to customers that they could safely use any plugin in their portals without having vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious users.

If there are situations where the integration method doesn't work or is excessively onerous, please work through your Appian account team to file a use case with the Appian Product team - we're happy to learn more about which scenarios would require direct plugin support in portals.

Children