Portal , queryRecordType queryFilter

Certified Senior Developer

I want to use a queryRecordType in a portal interface and obtain the data, but I need to filter the data so as not to recover everything. What should I do to be able to filter the data since it does not allow me to use a queryFilter in the portla interface? I get this message: "Service Account", I have the Service Account user configured as administrator in the record in case it could be due to permissions

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

IGNORE WARNING IT WILL WORK IN PORTAL AS IS. Test and verify in portal and interface it will work as expected.
    We know this unexpected behaviour, You can use queryFilter in portals to retrieve filter data.

If you are still looking for better approach go through below mentioned steps.

If your goal is to pre-filter data using specific criteria before it's even retrieved with a!queryRecord, you'll need to use the Process Model Filtering approach.
    Trigger a process model execution from a button or link within your portal.
    The process model itself can handle data retrieval and filtering using a!queryRecordType with a!queryFilter
    Save the filtered data in process variable and pass to interface.

Let me know if that works for you

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Shubham Aware

When i try it in my CE site in a live portal, I do get the same warning message in my interface when I add a hardcoded queryFilter, however it does actually work when viewing the portal.  I'm not really clear what the mis-match is.  I would perhaps guess it's to do with a!queryFilter() traditionally being associated with QueryEntity instead of QueryRecordType, though that's just a guess.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

I know that's strange behaviour.
    queryFilter() can be used with Portals if it is connected using an integration and web API.

Reply Children