Portal accounts and logins for external users?

Hi I'm evaluating Appian and have been going through the courses.

I'm particularly interested in the Portal feature and have a few questions regarding the same:

1) All the resources I've come across on your website talk about how portals can be used to engage users without a login or account. But what if I want my customers to perform some actions without a login but also create an account and then get access to more actions through that account?
2) How can external users like customers be authenticated? How do I use portals to do this?
3) Let's say I have a quote request form on my portal which can be filled by anonymous users without a login. Now how will these people view the quotes I am creating for them without an account? Let's say I am creating 3 quotes to satisfy the requirement filled in by the anonymous user. Now I want to give them an account where they can view all their requests and view the status of their request, approve or reject quote etc... how can this be achieved with Portal?
Would be great to get answers to these questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Kritish PR

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data