Unable to Trigger Process model From Start Process Node

Hello Everyone,

The parent process model unable to trigger the child process calling through the Start Process node. The same child process model trigger fine when trigger through the "sub process" node as synchronous/Asynchronous . Verified the parameters thrice and every thing looks good.Also Observed below error in the logs.

2022-03-04 19:02:01,035 [ajp-nio-0.0.0.0-8009-exec-358] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.engine.UnattendedJavaActivityRequest - An error occurred while executing activity: id=536873219, classname=com.appiancorp.process.runtime.activities.StartProcessSmartService2
com.appiancorp.suiteapi.process.exceptions.SmartServiceException: userMsg[error.invalidProcessModelParameters.userMsg=Unable to start specified process. Either values were not provided for required parameters or the specified process model is invalid. Process Model ID: 1552.] alertMsg[error.invalidProcessModelParameters.alertMsg=Unable to start specified process. Either values were not provided for required parameters or the specified process model is invalid. Process Model ID: 1552

Can you please help us what causing an issue?.

Thanks!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In case this help, today, I opened an Appian Support Ticket due to in my client we have the same problem.

Paste here the answer Appian Support report me:

"The start process smart service has a defect that is only exposed under certain levels of load which explains why it's successful & or errors out sometimes. Under high loads, the java work queue may result in a race condition. The smart service is asynchronous whereby it does not wait for the completion of the process(es) it started but its mechanism that calculates the process info is synchronous.
    To ensure that this change is delivered in the least disruptive way possible, we are addressing this through a future feature release targeted for 24.4 Excitingly, this feature will not only address the root cause of this issue, but it will further introduce optimization and customization possibilities for the start process smart service and a!startprocess function. To leverage the feature release to address this issue, you will configure the start process to use the new Start Process Smart Service node.
    "

• In case this help, today, I opened an Appian Support Ticket due to in my client we have the same problem.

Paste here the answer Appian Support report me:

"The start process smart service has a defect that is only exposed under certain levels of load which explains why it's successful & or errors out sometimes. Under high loads, the java work queue may result in a race condition. The smart service is asynchronous whereby it does not wait for the completion of the process(es) it started but its mechanism that calculates the process info is synchronous.
    To ensure that this change is delivered in the least disruptive way possible, we are addressing this through a future feature release targeted for 24.4 Excitingly, this feature will not only address the root cause of this issue, but it will further introduce optimization and customization possibilities for the start process smart service and a!startprocess function. To leverage the feature release to address this issue, you will configure the start process to use the new Start Process Smart Service node.
    "

Children
No Data