Adding Items in a Grid

I created a grid in SAIL. I have managed to add and delete rows and capture the values. One of the columns in my grid calculates the difference in days between two dates. I need to have a field called Summary of Total Days contain the total of all those differences. I created an integer field on my interface but am having difficulties making that calculation. This is the code I have in my add a row rule to calculate the difference:

a!integerField(
label: "Total Days" & ri!index,
value: todate(ri!items[ri!index].endDate)-todate(ri!items[ri!index].startDate),
saveInto: ri!items[ri!index].amount,
validations: {}
),

Is my saveInto statement at fault. I am trying to bring back the value back into my interface that calls it. I have attached a screen shot of the interface that the customer would see.

OriginalPostID-271614

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I agree with Josh's suggestion, and will go one further step in suggesting that you calculate the value of the "totals" field in a WITH() variable, something like
    with(
    local!dayTotalSum: sum(
    apply(
    rule!getTotalDaysForItem,
    ri!items
    )
    )

and in this example, you could make rule!getTotalDaysForItem handle the individual Item CDT and do that calculation (and handle null checks, and missing data on either side, etc).
    Certified Lead Developer
    I agree with Josh's suggestion, and will go one further step in suggesting that you calculate the value of the "totals" field in a WITH() variable, something like
    with(
    local!dayTotalSum: sum(
    apply(
    rule!getTotalDaysForItem,
    ri!items
    )
    )

and in this example, you could make rule!getTotalDaysForItem handle the individual Item CDT and do that calculation (and handle null checks, and missing data on either side, etc).
Children
No Data