Custom Alert Settings via Expression

Hi,

I want to understand if we configure custom alert settings via expression, then when this expression will be evaluated? Eg: will it be evaluated every time when process instance is getting created for specific process model or only the time when an alert is thrown for a process instance?

My concern over here is that will it add more stress to system/ cause any performance issue since we are calling a table and trying to find out the group of people whom I can send the alert for each and every instances of process model (plan is to follow same approach for all the process models in environment)

OriginalPostID-273560

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  •   Here goes the answer to your question as far as my knowledge is considered: 

The Process Instance inherits the Alert Recipients role map from the Process Model at the time of creation of Process Instance and this becomes a Process Property from thereafter. You can correlate this to a Security Role Map being inherited by Process Instance from Process Model.

The inherited Alert Recipients role map remains same for the process until and unless it is changed. I don't think it's changeable as of now as per the OOTB/Shared Components available. (Maybe there could be a possibility in the API)

From the evaluation perspective, the Group objects in the Alert Recipients Role Map are evaluated before sending an alert and this is to get the latest membership(because some additions/removals would have taken place by the time we get an error) data.

I personally opine that this is not going to impact as evaluating the alert recipients role map takes place only once(at the beginning of the process) and getting the latest membership for the Group and sending them an email every time(when an alert needs to be sent out) is an OOTB activity. I hope you are not configuring hundreds of Groups or Groups that consists of thousands of members as Alert Recipients.

•   Here goes the answer to your question as far as my knowledge is considered: 

The Process Instance inherits the Alert Recipients role map from the Process Model at the time of creation of Process Instance and this becomes a Process Property from thereafter. You can correlate this to a Security Role Map being inherited by Process Instance from Process Model.

The inherited Alert Recipients role map remains same for the process until and unless it is changed. I don't think it's changeable as of now as per the OOTB/Shared Components available. (Maybe there could be a possibility in the API)

From the evaluation perspective, the Group objects in the Alert Recipients Role Map are evaluated before sending an alert and this is to get the latest membership(because some additions/removals would have taken place by the time we get an error) data.

I personally opine that this is not going to impact as evaluating the alert recipients role map takes place only once(at the beginning of the process) and getting the latest membership for the Group and sending them an email every time(when an alert needs to be sent out) is an OOTB activity. I hope you are not configuring hundreds of Groups or Groups that consists of thousands of members as Alert Recipients.

Children
No Data