Total Active Processes Supported

Hi Team,
I have a question related to the capacity management. We are designing a system where a workflow is started whenever a paper record is handed over to collection centers across multiple geographical locations. Once the work flow is created it gets assigned to different users before it moves to closure. Average days the work flow will remain open is 2-3 days. (i.e some of the users will take a day or 2 to complete their work). We are expecting around 100K paper every day ,which creates 100K processes every day. Considering the SLA of 2-3 days we will have around 300K processes simultaneously active in system. (some will be lying in the Task list of a user group ,some will be worked upon by users etc). Is this volume something supportable or do we need some special topology for accommodating this volume.

OriginalPostID-273629

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    @georgej as per my understanding Appian should support this, however it's better if you can Talk to Appian about this.

Also if there will be around 100K instances for each day, why don't you store these information into a table temporary and delete them once it is done, because based on your SLA which is 2-3 days, so 300K active instances can be huge, and this can lead you Poor performance too, so if possible try not to store everything into Process, instead try using DB, but again i am not sure about what exactly your business requirement is. So i think You better can Approach to Appian on this Concern.
    Certified Lead Developer
    @georgej as per my understanding Appian should support this, however it's better if you can Talk to Appian about this.

Also if there will be around 100K instances for each day, why don't you store these information into a table temporary and delete them once it is done, because based on your SLA which is 2-3 days, so 300K active instances can be huge, and this can lead you Poor performance too, so if possible try not to store everything into Process, instead try using DB, but again i am not sure about what exactly your business requirement is. So i think You better can Approach to Appian on this Concern.
Children
No Data