Are unattended nodes included in the limit of consecutive chained nodes?

Activity chaining will break if:

"The number of unattended nodes that exists between two (attended) activity-chained tasks surpasses the (default) maximum number of 50"

Start and end events are not attended/unattended, so are they not included in the total?
Subprocess nodes are attended/unattended, so is there a potential design cost to nesting subprocesses?

OriginalPostID-75814

OriginalPostID-75814

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @alastairw Can you share what you did? I also need to do workaround on the subprocess limit and MNI, try using multiple instances on the subprocess,but the problem is I can't get the index of the data per row (ex. index(pv!col3,pv!count), since i remove the MNI and no tp!instanceindex in subprocess, i'm having hard time what to put on the indexNo parameter). My scenario here is uploading CSV files and processing each row using a subprocess. WOuld appreciate your help. TIA
  • You'll want the fv!index property of the a!forEach function for that. Your workaround is to use the forEach function in a script task you call once for all your data, and handle indexing using that. If you don't have 16.3 or higher, that would be a huge incentive I think to get approval for upgrading.
Reply Children
No Data