Hi, I have run the following query in a query node in over 500 process ins

Hi,
I have run the following query in a query node in over 500 process instances without an error:
INSERT INTO tempAbsenceClientUpload SELECT FirstName, LastName, UserID, UserIsActive, Email, TopClient, ClientGroup, isUpdated, MainProcessID, rownumber FROM temporaryAbsClientTable

which simply takes from one table to another.
However, I now get the following error message: 'Subquery returns more than 1 row Error'
Can anyone help me to understand why?

I don't really want alternative code suggestions- just why it happened.

Thanks...

OriginalPostID-77203

OriginalPostID-77203

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There was an 'on insert' trigger on the destination table. The data being entered was referenced against a third table in an expression expecting a single result (two results were being generated).

So the 'sub routine' was connected to a function in a trigger on the destination table firing due to the insert.

Putting in LIMIT 1 into the trigger code fixed the issue (I was only looking up a value- requiring true or false: if it was there more than once then this was fine...)

Thanks for everyone's ideas.
  • There was an 'on insert' trigger on the destination table. The data being entered was referenced against a third table in an expression expecting a single result (two results were being generated).

So the 'sub routine' was connected to a function in a trigger on the destination table firing due to the insert.

Putting in LIMIT 1 into the trigger code fixed the issue (I was only looking up a value- requiring true or false: if it was there more than once then this was fine...)

Thanks for everyone's ideas.
Children
No Data