Exception in Process model

Hi All,

Thanks for the help in advance.

I have a process model which executes a batch job. My requirement is to send custom alert message if the process fails for any technical reasons. 

I was using the alert , to send the email but my requirement is to have custom message . How can we achieve that. 

appreciate the help.

Thanks

Rajesh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• You could add a timer and an email node. This requires that you roughly know how long the batch job will run. If the job is sucessful make the end event a terminate end event and the time will be cancelled.
  • You can implement this scenario by using the following design approach you can implement individual batch job as a suborocess and this subprocess will called in MNI and this subprocess will include the main execution flow plus a timer event where you will set the maximum upper bound time after whihc this timer flow will be triggered and a custom email will be shootout with the details of that particular batch process which will be present in the process variables that you can use in the email for example in your email you can include batchId,and other text.

PS:The timer flow will include send email node and a terminate node in the end this is seperate flow from the main workflow as the main workflow will be halted in case of exception the workflow the timer flow will execute after the time you have decided that after this particulat amount of time an email should be sent.
  • Hi Siddharth,
    Thanks for the response.
    But if the error happens before the call of MNI subprocess , the timer inside will not get executed right?.
    One requirement is to send the alert to external email , that is to a user is not configured in Appian . For ex: can we send to a gmail account ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Rajesh