Hello, we are using a web service that returns a nested multiple CDT and are una

Hello, we are using a web service that returns a nested multiple CDT and are unable to extract all the records for the nested multiple CDT. I attempted to follow the steps from a previous post, but was only able to get the first record. Since we are still on 6.6.1, I had to use the DoForEach() instead of apply(). Am I missing something from this procedure? Thanks.

1. I have a CDT called "provisionInfoLAPS"
2. Each "provisionInfoLAPS" has an array of another CDT called "ipAddress"
3. In my model I have a process variable of type multiple provisionInfoLAPS called provisionInfo
4. I want to retrieve the list of "alumni" for each "ipAddress" inside pv!provisionInfo
5. I created a rule called: rule!returnipAddressList which receives an input of type "ANY TYPE" called "provisionInfo" and defined as =ri!provision.IPAddress
7. In my model, in a script task after the web service I have: doforeach("returnIpAddressList",pv!provisionInfo)

OriginalPostID-78237

OriginalPostID-78237

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Also, here's some additional documentation, which may be useful to you.
    forum.appian.com/.../Mapping_Data_Within_a_Process_Model

These help topics basically say you can cast just the nested multiple element of your variable to a new CDT, which allows you easier access to the data.

If you have the following data structure:

provisionInfoLAPS
    - PrimitiveElementOne
    - PrimitiveElementTwo
    - NestedCDT_ipAddress

You need to create a new CDT (pv!newCDT) that matches just the NestedCDT_ipAddress element. Then you can cast the data using the following expression on a script task.

pv!provisionInfoLAPS.NestedCDT_ipAddress
    is stored as
    pv!newCDT

Then you can save the alumni list into a simple text multiple using the following operation

pv!newCDT.alumni
    is stored as
    pv!alumniList_textMultiple

Hope that helps!
  • Also, here's some additional documentation, which may be useful to you.
    forum.appian.com/.../Mapping_Data_Within_a_Process_Model

These help topics basically say you can cast just the nested multiple element of your variable to a new CDT, which allows you easier access to the data.

If you have the following data structure:

provisionInfoLAPS
    - PrimitiveElementOne
    - PrimitiveElementTwo
    - NestedCDT_ipAddress

You need to create a new CDT (pv!newCDT) that matches just the NestedCDT_ipAddress element. Then you can cast the data using the following expression on a script task.

pv!provisionInfoLAPS.NestedCDT_ipAddress
    is stored as
    pv!newCDT

Then you can save the alumni list into a simple text multiple using the following operation

pv!newCDT.alumni
    is stored as
    pv!alumniList_textMultiple

Hope that helps!
Children
No Data