Process Model Monitor Mode

I have a process model with a subprocess. The parent process model has activity chaining upto the subprocess node - subprocess has activity chaining throughout.

When I run the parent process, the monitor screen opens up with the sub process model.

Ideally the monitor screen should open for parent process model - if there are no errors/failures at all.

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I have another observation, probably related to this. In both of these scenarios, the parent processes are exposed as web services.

So in first scenario : The parent process has a variable : RegId - that is hidden. This variable is passed to the sub process. The sub process expects this variable as input - hence this variable can't be made hidden. When I run this parent process, the monitor view opens for sub process. The interesting part is, when i call this webservice from SOAP UI, I expect a few variables (that are not hidden) as response. In this response I am getting - RegistryId - which is hidden in parent process. So this makes me think that the variable is coming from sub process where it is not hidden.

In the second scenario, the whole implementation is of parent and sub process is exactly same. I am using the same variable RegId (hidden in parent, input for sub) in this as well. Yet, in this case, the monitor mode opens for parent process as expected. Also in SOAP UI response, the variable does not come, as it is hidden for the parent. So here I think, the response is being sent from parent instead of sub process.
  • I have another observation, probably related to this. In both of these scenarios, the parent processes are exposed as web services.

So in first scenario : The parent process has a variable : RegId - that is hidden. This variable is passed to the sub process. The sub process expects this variable as input - hence this variable can't be made hidden. When I run this parent process, the monitor view opens for sub process. The interesting part is, when i call this webservice from SOAP UI, I expect a few variables (that are not hidden) as response. In this response I am getting - RegistryId - which is hidden in parent process. So this makes me think that the variable is coming from sub process where it is not hidden.

In the second scenario, the whole implementation is of parent and sub process is exactly same. I am using the same variable RegId (hidden in parent, input for sub) in this as well. Yet, in this case, the monitor mode opens for parent process as expected. Also in SOAP UI response, the variable does not come, as it is hidden for the parent. So here I think, the response is being sent from parent instead of sub process.
Children
No Data