Is there a way to have a link / button in a grid on the record summary page that can trigger a related action on the same record?

We have a requirement where in the record summary page, we need to display a grid of all possible related actions on the record, along with some additional meta data (like process name, status of the workflow launched by the related action, who last launched the related action etc), and a link to the related action so that user does not need to go to related actions view to launch a related action, but can launch the related action from the grid only. Is there any standard way of doing this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I will say my concern here, if you find a way to do it, is that if the RAs have visibiity rules that have to be evaluated on top of any record filters, etc that is going to make the record summary take a long time to load.
    If you can figure out a way to give the experience, might want to look into a Report instead.

Some features to look at a!startprocess, decison designer (can result in a process), grids, et
  • Thanks Christine. I got your concern. In our case, we do not have many visibility rules for the related action view - visibility is controlled at group level - and also most of the related actions will be open if the user has access to this record.
    Re: startProcess, I think it triggers the process in async mode. In our case, user wants to click on the related action and continue with the next process (as usually done from the related action view) - so that may not work. Can you please advise if there is any other alternative? Really appreciate your time and inputs.
  • Thanks Christine. I got your concern. In our case, we do not have many visibility rules for the related action view - visibility is controlled at group level - and also most of the related actions will be open if the user has access to this record.
    Re: startProcess, I think it triggers the process in async mode. In our case, user wants to click on the related action and continue with the next process (as usually done from the related action view) - so that may not work. Can you please advise if there is any other alternative? Really appreciate your time and inputs.
Children