I need help setting a constant in a process

I have a process model that is running just fine. But I want to fetch the results from the PM for later use via a web API. I am new to Appian and I am having some problems:

1) I tried access the results of the process but could not query it out due to the process being inactive. It is a very short process model. Is there a way to access the results of a process which has terminated?

2) Since web calls are asynchronous I get back empty results from mapping the data outputs. So I decided to use a constant.

3) I've been trying to set a constant but the examples in the documentation are a bit terse. Can anyone give me better examples?

4) Web Services are a problem as I have custom data types and apparently webservices do not allow you to use them.

What would be a good approach to get the results from a process model so the outside users can use a simple lightweight JSON GET to retrieve the results for use in other applications.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Appian Employee
    in reply to pedrol
    I think you need to present your larger use case. What problem are you trying to solve? What is the value you are trying to persist? Why do you call webAPI later on? From your description I would like to know why you need the information from the PM, maybe we could suggest a different design altogether.
    Updating a constant to temporarily store some information is not a good idea, since it does not handle transactionality and as sureshg57 noted, creates multiple versions which in high use situation could cause performance and resource utilization issues.
Children