Task Assignment

We have a requirement in hand where we are want to assign a task to a parent group, but only allow certain sub-groups to accept the task and act on it.

For example, if a task gets Assigned to Parent Group, members of Sub-Group 2 and Sub-Group 3 should be able to see the task but only members of Sub-Group 1 should be able to Accept the task and edit/act on the task.

We gave Sub-Group 2 and Sub-Group 3 Deny access in Process model security, still if shared the URL of the task, they are able to accept it.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Arjun,
    I am trying this from my end, What I have observed if you give Deny access to Sub group 2,3 they will not able to see the task even they are part of Parent Group, because they do not have access(deny) to use that Process model .
    If you will share the url with Sub group 2,3 they should get error "The Requested Task Is Not Available
    The task may have been deleted or completed by another assignee.".
    help me understanding the usecase little more, do you need Group 2 and 3 be able to see the task in the task list but not to open it?
  • Hi Sandeep,
    We are working on 17.3, where it is allowing the members of Sub-Group 2 and 3 to accept the task when we share the url. I could replicate the same in 17.2 as well.
    We need to display the task in readOnly format to Group 2 and 3 where they can see the task when provided with a URL (as task list would be embedded in another application) but should not be able to accept/act on it.
Reply Children
No Data