Task Assignment

We have a requirement in hand where we are want to assign a task to a parent group, but only allow certain sub-groups to accept the task and act on it.

For example, if a task gets Assigned to Parent Group, members of Sub-Group 2 and Sub-Group 3 should be able to see the task but only members of Sub-Group 1 should be able to Accept the task and edit/act on the task.

We gave Sub-Group 2 and Sub-Group 3 Deny access in Process model security, still if shared the URL of the task, they are able to accept it.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • For read only data I would generally say newsfeed posts or dashboards would better serve this purpose. If you have to go this route, I think the best way to do this is to actually spawn two different tasks. One that is read only, and one that is not read only. You can assign the read only task to Sub Group 1 and Sub Group 2 and then the other task to Sub Group 3. The issue with this is that users in groups 1 and 2 will still have the option to accept the task, which won't let them do anything but will let them pull it out of the task list of other members of group 1 and 2 (group 3 will be unaffected since they actually have a different task). If this is not acceptable you could generate a task for each member of group 1 or 2, but if these groups are large this would be bad for performance so I wouldn't recommend it.
  • The issue with generating two separate tasks is that it would generate two separate task IDs. These tasks would be displayed in an embedded interface, listing two separate tasks which is not what the end user wants.

Reply Children
No Data