Hi Everyone, We are using Export to Excel smart service in one of our

Hi Everyone,

We are using Export to Excel smart service in one of our processes. In the excel template we have done certain formatting such as, making some columns bold and wrap text. Now, when this template is used in Export to Excel smart service, and when the data is written into it and the final generated excel is opened in Microsoft office, then the formatting gets RESET (or formatting done in template does NOT apply) of/to all the cells in which data are populated in cells from this smart service. However, for rest of the cells in which there is no data, formatting holds valid and applies to the same.

Also, this issue is coming up only when the generated excel is opened in MS Office. When the same is opened with Open office, everything works fine.
Any reasons why this is happening?

Thanks in advance......

OriginalPostID-79315

OriginalPostID-79315

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• By default, the code applies only the formatting style of the field to the cell via the code (i.e. Number or text). No styles are applied to the code. If you are seeing the correct formatting via openoffice and not via Excel, what I'd suggest is check at the backend XML data and see if any of the generated data has overwritten a tag that Excel things it cannot render in the format you need. I've seen this in the past between MSOffice and PDF where MS office is more lenient in some degree of bad XML in the code but the same gets thrown away when converted to PDF format. This is the first time I'm hearing about Excel and OpenOffice.