Generate document with dynamic table in it

Hi,

I have to create a document(it could be any type) with dynamic table in it. is there a way to achieve this without using any other shared component/plug-in ?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello I am not sure I understood your question what you mean by saying "without using any other shared component/plug-in".

From previous answers i think you are able to use the plugin "Dynamic document Generation" (community.appian.com/.../dynamic-document-generator)

If not that will be really difficult, but i understand you are able to, so It always depends what you mean by "Dynamic table".
    Using the same smart service suggested by Harsha you can generate txt, csv, html, xml, based on a expression rule.

the file should be like this
    --------template.txt-----
    ###tag###
    -------------------------------
    NOTE: the extension you give to the template will be the same extension you will get in the generated file.

When selecting the template choose this file, and scan the variables, then the template will give you the option to pass any expression ,can be any string you generate or the output of any rule, i recommend to put all the logic in the rule so the logic is easy to write, test and debug.

NOTE: if you file is large try not to store the value in a pv!variable, because your process will be storing that, and try to delete the process instances as soon as possible.

i hope this helps, if you need a word or pdf then that is another story.

Jose Perez
  • Hello I am not sure I understood your question what you mean by saying "without using any other shared component/plug-in".

From previous answers i think you are able to use the plugin "Dynamic document Generation" (community.appian.com/.../dynamic-document-generator)

If not that will be really difficult, but i understand you are able to, so It always depends what you mean by "Dynamic table".
    Using the same smart service suggested by Harsha you can generate txt, csv, html, xml, based on a expression rule.

the file should be like this
    --------template.txt-----
    ###tag###
    -------------------------------
    NOTE: the extension you give to the template will be the same extension you will get in the generated file.

When selecting the template choose this file, and scan the variables, then the template will give you the option to pass any expression ,can be any string you generate or the output of any rule, i recommend to put all the logic in the rule so the logic is easy to write, test and debug.

NOTE: if you file is large try not to store the value in a pv!variable, because your process will be storing that, and try to delete the process instances as soon as possible.

i hope this helps, if you need a word or pdf then that is another story.

Jose Perez
Children
  • Thanks Jose for your reply. Question is, is it possible to generate dynamic table(number of rows are not fix and it depends on user input) in the document. i do not want use any other plug in than Appian provided in document generation. As Harsha said, its possible by "Text doc from template" but Im not able to do it. @Harsha, could you please share me sample input for that smart service and template format.