Generate document with dynamic table in it

Hi,

I have to create a document(it could be any type) with dynamic table in it. is there a way to achieve this without using any other shared component/plug-in ?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yeah you can achieve so by using the smart service Text doc from template available under Document Generation Appian smart services . For dynamic table you need to generate an html code in your process and pass that html code in the document. In the template you will need to accordingly use ###tag### to display dynamic data received from the process.
  • I am able to do it from "HTML Doc from Template" smart service but unable through text doc. Could you please share the final pv value, how it should be and template document to achieve this "Text doc from template" smart service.
  • Hi annap, This is the template that I am using. Template.rtf. It is having ###studentTable### as the only data in it.

Now in the process model using script tasks and MNI through the PV I have created a html table code as : <table border='1'><tr><th>Name</th><th>Department</th><th>Experience</th></tr><tr><td>John</td><td>Accounts</td><td>3 years</td></tr><tr><td>Philip</td><td>HR</td><td>5 years</td></tr><tr><td>Adam</td><td>Networking Services</td><td>2 years</td></tr></table>.

Now in the Text to document Node this is the configuration that I have done:

As you can see the template is scanned by this smart service and studentTable variable which was within ### in the document is asking for a value where I am assigning the studentDetails text corresponding to HTML.

After running the process this is the generated document that I am getting : Generated Doc.rtf.

Hope it helps.

• Hi annap, This is the template that I am using. Template.rtf. It is having ###studentTable### as the only data in it.

Now in the process model using script tasks and MNI through the PV I have created a html table code as : <table border='1'><tr><th>Name</th><th>Department</th><th>Experience</th></tr><tr><td>John</td><td>Accounts</td><td>3 years</td></tr><tr><td>Philip</td><td>HR</td><td>5 years</td></tr><tr><td>Adam</td><td>Networking Services</td><td>2 years</td></tr></table>.

Now in the Text to document Node this is the configuration that I have done:

As you can see the template is scanned by this smart service and studentTable variable which was within ### in the document is asking for a value where I am assigning the studentDetails text corresponding to HTML.

After running the process this is the generated document that I am getting : Generated Doc.rtf.

Hope it helps.

Children