Able to store any documents in to document data type

Does any one aware of this issue?

I am using my local server to upload a document in Appian using a!fileUploadField() component and storing it into document data type. When I look at interface rule input, I can see Appian is updating it with temp document, as expected. But after submitting form when trying retrieve a document in process model, I cannot Even my document PV is null seems like Appian is not updating a PV. I am attaching screenshot. Please let me know if this known bug in 17.3 local instance. I tested same in cloud Appian 17.3 Instances and local 17.1, it works file.  

a!formLayout(

contents: {
    a!sectionLayout(
      label: "Doc Upload",
      contents: {
        a!fileUploadField(
          maxSelections :1,
          target:cons!SBX_TARGET,
           label: "Test Document",
      value: ri!document,
      saveInto: ri!document,
      required: true

)
      }
    )

},
  buttons: a!buttonLayout(
    primaryButtons: {
      a!buttonWidgetSubmit(
        label: "Submit",
        style: "PRIMARY",
        saveInto: {}
      )
    }
  )

)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Nope then it will be store Temp Document Id instead of Permanent documemt id

Appian Note:
    When a file is uploaded, the component updates with a temporary Document representing the uploaded file. Between the upload and the form submission, the file on the server is an inactive temporary file and not accessible except through fv! variables described in the File Name, File Description, and Validations parameters. This is the only way to access file metadata before the form is submitted. When the form is submitted, a new file or version is created at the target. This file has a different document ID than the temporary file. Any Document variable submitted as part of the form will be automatically updated to the new document ID, but integer variables (including integer fields of CDTs) are not updated.