Send and Receive Message - DestinationProcessId

Hi,

after completing an action, I need to transfer some information from a process to another process, so I used Send and Receice Message.

In the Send Message, I populate the DestinationProcessID variable with the process Id, where I expected to receive the Message.

However,I need to launch many send message at the same time.

My problem is, if I make a send to a specific process Id, all receiver processes get the message and not only to the process Id that i have specified in the send message.

Did I forget something? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Juri Monti

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +2
    Certified Senior Developer
    Check below instances
    1. How have u got the process Id of Designation PM? Check if you have seperate pv! for all required Designation PM for those u need to send message to.
    2. Setup Tab : JMS Message Destination* : Process
    3. Setup Tab : Message Type* : Process to Process
    4. Setup Tab : Message Destination(s) : NEEDS TO BE LEFT BLANK
    5. Have 1 "Send Message" for 1 Designation PM to receive message. In your case u might need as many for each Designation PM.

After you receive the message appropriately, u will come up with one other problem that PM will be on active/running status, if it does not get a message as the "Receive Message" node will keep on waiting.

To fix this issue
    1. Have the output of "Receive Message" as 1 input to Complex Gate and 2 input from the node before "End Event".
    2. On Complex Gate set 1 incoming paths and for Outgoing paths "Execute all outgoing paths at the same time".
    3. If you design supports Instead of End Event make it Terminate.
  • +2
    Certified Senior Developer
    Check below instances
    1. How have u got the process Id of Designation PM? Check if you have seperate pv! for all required Designation PM for those u need to send message to.
    2. Setup Tab : JMS Message Destination* : Process
    3. Setup Tab : Message Type* : Process to Process
    4. Setup Tab : Message Destination(s) : NEEDS TO BE LEFT BLANK
    5. Have 1 "Send Message" for 1 Designation PM to receive message. In your case u might need as many for each Designation PM.

After you receive the message appropriately, u will come up with one other problem that PM will be on active/running status, if it does not get a message as the "Receive Message" node will keep on waiting.

To fix this issue
    1. Have the output of "Receive Message" as 1 input to Complex Gate and 2 input from the node before "End Event".
    2. On Complex Gate set 1 incoming paths and for Outgoing paths "Execute all outgoing paths at the same time".
    3. If you design supports Instead of End Event make it Terminate.
Children
No Data