Reagarding smart service.

Hi, I have a question,

While using smart service HTTPQuery() to communicate with external doc management if suppose the corresponding URL doesn't respond then how do
we overcome that issue. Is it possible in Appian or not?

Thanks In Advance,

ASWINI

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi as per my understanding,

1. HTTP Query Smart Service is not meant to deal with document related operations, but yes it can query the doc url, other informations and post the data to external systems.

2. You should capture the output of this smart service, which will indicate isErrorOccured as true if the url is broken. I believe this smart service has proper exception handling to avoid node execution failure

3. Apart from that, you can set a timer on this smart Service, considering as timeout period from your end, and flow this timer through a script task, set errorOccured to true() and hence you will have the track of this service invocation whether it was successful or failed.

Hope this will help you.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi as per my understanding,

1. HTTP Query Smart Service is not meant to deal with document related operations, but yes it can query the doc url, other informations and post the data to external systems.

2. You should capture the output of this smart service, which will indicate isErrorOccured as true if the url is broken. I believe this smart service has proper exception handling to avoid node execution failure

3. Apart from that, you can set a timer on this smart Service, considering as timeout period from your end, and flow this timer through a script task, set errorOccured to true() and hence you will have the track of this service invocation whether it was successful or failed.

Hope this will help you.
Children
No Data