What side-Effects to lookout for when using AND Gateway to execute parallel flows?

AND Gateway: How many outgoing lines can we have from an AND gateway without causing any side effects? What side-effects should we be aware of when using AND gateway to execute parallel webservice calls?

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thank you Colton! The number of calls would be around 50-75 (ideal approach would be to create a new Stored Proc and a new webservice which would eliminate the need for these many calls). Now I am interested in finding out what is the maximum amount of tuning that is possible by using AND and present that response time to stakeholders to push towards the ideal approach.
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to senthila
    Hi Senthila,
    we faced the similar issue we have gone through using stored proc and we got the better results in less than 6 sec, again it depends on how complex the stored proc logic but still i believe the stored proc will not take noticeable time.

We used and gateway with a different use case. We have to make parallel service calls, all the outputs of the service call will be connected to this AND gateway and finally once all the calls are finished then only the flow will move to next node. Here we saw some times the flow is getting stopped at and node due to some service failure.
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to senthila
    Hi Senthila,
    we faced the similar issue we have gone through using stored proc and we got the better results in less than 6 sec, again it depends on how complex the stored proc logic but still i believe the stored proc will not take noticeable time.

We used and gateway with a different use case. We have to make parallel service calls, all the outputs of the service call will be connected to this AND gateway and finally once all the calls are finished then only the flow will move to next node. Here we saw some times the flow is getting stopped at and node due to some service failure.
Children
No Data