Sail interface V17.1 and below

I have SAIL interfaces v16.2.  We recently upgraded to v17.2 and I noticed that the code for the v16.2 interfaces were not converted to v17.2 code.  Is there a way to convert the v16.2 code to v17.2 code without having to redo them from scratch or having to edit each section?  I want to take advantage of the Column functionality that is offered in v17.2, however the code is not backwards compatible.  I get an error when trying to update the v16.2 interface code.  See image for details on the error.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • I was not able to upload another copy of the file. Here's the error:
    'Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs. Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error at function a!formLayout_17r1: Columns layout may only be used in recent version of form, dashboard, or section layouts. Please use the latest version.' thanks...
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sswilliams
    As others have said above, to put it simply, you need to replace any instances of "a!formLayout_17r1" with just "a!formLayout", in any place where you want to use the NEW version of a!sectionLayout inside it. You don't need to replace it at all otherwise, though it doesn't hurt. The only other thing you need to do also, is change the "firstColumnContents:" parameter to simply "contents:", if there is only one form column. FWIW, I generally advise only having multiple columns defined in sectionLayouts, and not in formLayouts, though that's up to the designer.