Issues using HTTP file download Smart service

Hello friend, 

I use the HTTP file download smart service to download files to the Appian folder from an endpoint. Now the problem is the files downloaded to Appian folder are not seen to have any extension (.pdf, .doc) sometimes. With no extension, the files aren't recognized by Appian and they're not found in related process models that try to retrieve them. Any one has a clue what is going wrong here? 

Thanks, 

Nick  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi few things here to consider:

1. In case of file download: I believe you are trying to download the file from a third party system, hence first of all you need to communicate with them, whether the file is Corrupted or without its extension at their end, because we have face these issues with SharePoint several times, if so then nothing to do from Appian end, in fact the service provider must update their service. Also are you facing this issues with each and every document download? If not, that means all god from your end. Also can you please specify list of formats which gets corrupted/ didn't transfer properly in your case.

2. Document upload: When you upload a file from Appian KC to third party system using this OOTB smart service, you have to define the extension of the file which you can retrieve using document() , and append it with filename(.) extension, if you don't do so, this file will be transferred without its extension to the target system.
  • Thanks Alok for your reply, I guess it is the sharepoint thing. I'll look into it, and yes only a few files have this issue rest it looks as normal.
Reply Children
No Data