Appian version manager not working as expeced.

I am trying to use Appian version manager as given in Appian documentation.

https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/198/deployment-automation#Automated_Versioning_Manager

I am trying to use -action as addContents and it is giving me an error as below

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error: the Zip file cannot be committed to the respository. The Zip file contains one or more application XML file and version toool has been invoked with paramameter -UUID signaling it should be patch"

I am using below command and also updated attributes/parameter in version-manager.properties file.

version-application.bat  -action addContents -vc_username (VC_USERNAME) -vc_password (VC_PASSWORD) -application_path "C:\\Users\\43987901\\Downloads\\Country Flag Icons.zip" -commit_message “Commit by@439879

below are parameter defined in version-manager.properties as well.

action=addContents

commitMessage="Commit by@439879"

localRepoPath=C:\\Developer_Appian

repoUrl=https://alm-github.uk.hsbc/HSBC-GST/Developer_Appian

uuid=_a-0000de51-e49e-8000-9ba2-011c48011c48_16348

vcPassword=GIT_Username

vcUsername=GIT_password

versionControlType=GIT
repoUrl=https://alm-github.systems.uk.hsbc/HSBC-GST/Developer_Appian

Can anyone please let me know probably cause for the above error....

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You will need to export the entire application for your first commit. Check the application from the list of applications in designer and export from there. Do not open the application and add objects to a patch. After you've committed this full application you will be able to start committing patches using the application's UUID.
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to bradc
    Thanks a Lot bradc. After ages, I was able to successfully commited the application, took full application and ran command without UUID.

so, just to confirm for my understanding, whenever we want to create any new application in git as per our application in appian(as branch in GIT) we want to follow same procedure where we can run command without UUID? once, git branch getting created, we will be able to commit the objects into git using UUID?
    We will be using uuid of Appian application?

2018-03-15 20:10:15,413 [main] INFO com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.VersionUtils - Successfully extracted file C:\Developer_Appian\application_files\META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    2018-03-15 20:10:15,416 [main] INFO com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.VersionUtils - Successfully extracted file C:\Developer_Appian\application_files\META-INF/export.log
    2018-03-15 20:10:15,417 [main] INFO com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.VCSAndBuildController - Checking for DDLs
    2018-03-15 20:10:16,027 [main] INFO com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.GitObject - Committed all changes to repository at C:\Developer_Appian\.git. Commit hash: 4d737d7d0af6b318d8c1604aefa5b6bcca8d2a6c
    2018-03-15 20:10:25,989 [main] INFO com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.GitObject - Changes pushed successfully.
  • Yes, that is correct. Going forward, for this application you can simply export a patch with the objects you've modified and use the Appian UUID for this application. The AVM tool will then insert your objects from the patch into your repository.

In my experience, we have created separate repositories for each Appian application rather than a branch. I am not sure how you intend to structure your git, but we use repositories for Appian applications and branches in each repository for development changes to each application.

Happy to help!
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to bradc

HI Bradc

hope you are doing grate

How to get UUID of application

Reply Children