We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Hi there, As part of a project I'm working on, we're using an

Hi there,

As part of a project I'm working on, we're using an external service to create a document and store it as base64 in an external database. This table has three identifiers, ID, ImageId and AssessmentID. ImageID is unique and primary. One Assessment may have multiple ImageIds and one imageId may have multiple IDs.

Now, what I want is the highest ID for each imageID for a certain assessment. Here's the query I'm using to do this:

SELECT DocumentBase64, ImageId FROM (SELECT DocumentBase64, ImageId, id, assessmentid from b where assessmentid = ac!assessmentid order by id desc) as t
group by `imageid`

Basically what this does is run a subquery which returns a sorted list by ID where assessmentid = whatever I passed. Then, the primary query groups by imageid.

Now this works perfectly, and if I run it directly in MySQL workbench it executes it 0.015 seconds. However, when it runs in Appian and I monitor the process that node took upwar...

OriginalPostID-81719

OriginalPostID-81719

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Sathya,

This query is ran through a Query DB node. The documents are between 20KB and 400KB. Unfortunately we can't use the DMS as we're integrating with a external web service. It's also not set up to work over FTP/http

I raised the limit of the column size in workbench to 99999, and it does take 0.6 seconds (with cache off) to retrieve the result. In the worst case, it could return 11 rows, which is 11 *400KB = 4.4MB maximum file size. Since we're transferring between AWS instances, I expect this transfer is practically instant.

It doesn't seem like it should take 7 seconds, but more like 2 - 3 seconds.

I only use this query in one place, once. Unfortunately it's time critical, as the user needs to be able to preview the forms and reject or approve them.
  • Hi Sathya,

This query is ran through a Query DB node. The documents are between 20KB and 400KB. Unfortunately we can't use the DMS as we're integrating with a external web service. It's also not set up to work over FTP/http

I raised the limit of the column size in workbench to 99999, and it does take 0.6 seconds (with cache off) to retrieve the result. In the worst case, it could return 11 rows, which is 11 *400KB = 4.4MB maximum file size. Since we're transferring between AWS instances, I expect this transfer is practically instant.

It doesn't seem like it should take 7 seconds, but more like 2 - 3 seconds.

I only use this query in one place, once. Unfortunately it's time critical, as the user needs to be able to preview the forms and reject or approve them.
Children
No Data