How to move process model from one folder to another

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

Is there any way to move multiple process models from one folder to another. 

One way is to open each and every process model in process modeller and save it as a copy in another folder.

But this is a time consuming activity. Can i do this for multiple processes in one shot.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer

The most efficient and easiest way to move objects (including Process Models as well) is:

->Open your Application designer

-> Switch to Hierarchical View

-> Get into the folder where your object is currently stored in

-> Find your object(s) and select them

-> Click on the Move option popped up when you select the object(s) 

-> Specify/Browse the destination Folder and click Move

Your task will be done in no time and you can do this with any object/folder you want!

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shaguns0001

FYI this is a very old thread.  Designer is much more solidified and prevalent now than it was around the 17.x - 18.x switch over (back then there were still elements of the "old designer" in use).

Your instructions are correct (though duplicates of previous, if less detailed comments); the one thing I'd add to this for people not familiar with it already, is the "Move" button will be disabled if the process model is open for editing anywhere (and with no explanation).  Once the model is closed, the button will be enabled again.

Interestingly, the pre-18.x functionality (using the "open process model" dialog from the modeller) still appears to work.  In some cases this can actually be quite a bit less of a hassle, since normally it's a 5-or-10-click process to actually get to the process model folder a particular model is in.  I kinda wish there were a way to directly access and/or edit the process model's parent folder from the Process Model Properties dialog - it seems like something that should be standard.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to shaguns0001

FYI this is a very old thread.  Designer is much more solidified and prevalent now than it was around the 17.x - 18.x switch over (back then there were still elements of the "old designer" in use).

Your instructions are correct (though duplicates of previous, if less detailed comments); the one thing I'd add to this for people not familiar with it already, is the "Move" button will be disabled if the process model is open for editing anywhere (and with no explanation).  Once the model is closed, the button will be enabled again.

Interestingly, the pre-18.x functionality (using the "open process model" dialog from the modeller) still appears to work.  In some cases this can actually be quite a bit less of a hassle, since normally it's a 5-or-10-click process to actually get to the process model folder a particular model is in.  I kinda wish there were a way to directly access and/or edit the process model's parent folder from the Process Model Properties dialog - it seems like something that should be standard.

Children
No Data