When i try to execute queryProcessAnalytics inside Escalation timer rule event it change it's status to Paused by exception

I have a problem defination as "Escalation timer will start only when task is accepted by a user"
For that, I have created an expression rule which called queryProcessAnalytics to find if task is accepted by particular user or not and called that rule from escalation --> setup --> timer condition --> expression.
When user input task is executed it generate an alert  Error in Escalation Timer (ERROR:EVAL:@reason=index) and process status is changed to "Paused By Exception"
How do i resolve this?

P.S :- I have not used any sail function inside expression rule

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Not sure if it is due to the limitation that we can't actually query anything in the start node with timer.
    I have tried to put a query in the timer start node to query the database table for a flag, but that couldn't work.

However, if you start the process manually, it works fine.

Perhaps someone from Appian can verify this. I suggest you log a support ticket to them to enquire about this. Although they told us to post our question in the community, but this can't be 100% sure that someone will answer us.
  • Not sure if it is due to the limitation that we can't actually query anything in the start node with timer.
    I have tried to put a query in the timer start node to query the database table for a flag, but that couldn't work.

However, if you start the process manually, it works fine.

Perhaps someone from Appian can verify this. I suggest you log a support ticket to them to enquire about this. Although they told us to post our question in the community, but this can't be 100% sure that someone will answer us.
Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Will Teoh

I agree, I think there is a limitation here. I am experiencing the same issue with a start event timer. I am getting the following error whenever I use a query rule or a!queryEntity:

ERROR:EVAL:@reason=index

This is related to the knowledge base article, but that article only mentions the load() statement. It would be great to have this fixed, but in the interim, could we include query rules and queryEntity() in the article or in the Appian documentation?