Mark Tasks as Inactive or Hidden

I am familiar with the smart services for cancel task and cancel process. I am looking for a way to do something similar from the user perspective without actually cancelling the task. 

Is there a way to mark a task as hidden or inactive such that the user or group assigned to the task will not see it in their task list? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Thinking out loud......

1. Once one person accepts a task assigned to a group, it will be removed from other's task list
    2. You could add a button to your tasks that 'submits' the task and populates a PV or two that set a flag and who 'owns' it. Then route the flow back to the task. Now in the process reports, apply a filter to not show tasks with the PV (flag=true)
  • This is not so much for reporting as to remove it from the Task List of the user (or all users in a group, if it is assigned to a group). I suppose creating a "hidden user" and assigning to that user would functionally hide it from everyone else, other than the manager I suppose. I was hoping for something more elegant, but I could use that as a fallback.
Reply Children